Occupational Health and Safety
The legislation governing occupational health forces corporate entities to establish processes to mitigate not only the risk posed to its employees, but the potential risk outcome to the corporate entity itself.
At the same time, occupational health services form an essential platform for improving the health of the organisation and the individuals within it. Through tangible medical and technical expertise, we achieve improvements in the working environment, and promote the health and welfare of employees. The result? Absenteeism, occupational incidents, diseases, and disability are reduced. We differentiate ourselves by integrating occupational health
services into the broader wellness of the organisation.
The following occupational health services are available through our Occupational Health service:
- Hygiene audits.
- Mobile clinic services.
- Primary and occupational health clinics.
- Health risk assessments.
- Emergency management.
- Access to pathology services.
- Occupational health consultancy.
- Specialised medical assessments.
- Integration with disease management programmes.
Complying with all legal requirements such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Assessing occupational and environmental hazards and recommending activities necessary to eliminate or control these.
Why choose our Occupational Health solution?
- National footprint of skilled practitioners in each region who are able to provide consistently excellent nationwide primary and occupational health-care services.
- Capacity, experience, and expertise to deliver high quality wellness services according to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Ability to provide the services in a cost-effective manner.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with various role players and stakeholders.
- Flexibility to customise the service offering to the needs of different employer groups.
- Expertise in the specialised fields of HIV & AIDS, wellness, wellness assessments, health education, and occupational health.
- Ability to demonstrate real time analytical reporting of biometric data.
- Impeccable compliance with complex legislation.
- Integrated or modular service delivery options.
Onsite Primary Healthcare Facilities
Onsite healthcare facilities offer employees convenient access to primary health care services and support the implementation of ongoing wellness interventions, lifestyle management and disease management. One of the crucial components of a comprehensive wellness strategy is for each employee to have an awareness of their health status as it forms the platform for any future intervention. In addition to primary healthcare services, wellness screening can be performed at the clinics and can include the following:
- Blood Pressure
- Blood Sugar
- Blood Cholesterol (total)
- Body Composition Analysis (fat percentage)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Waist and Hip Circumference
- HIV Testing
- Hearing Screening
- Vision Screening
- TB Screening Questionnaire Stress Assessment
Pre and post test counselling is also conducted to ensure that employees receive support where needed and that people with chronic conditions are enrolled for appropriate treatment and care.